· American Cancer Society
· CancerCare Connecticut
· Cancer Center of Santa Barbara
· Cancer Services
· Cancer Survivors in Christ
· Face in the Mirror
· Glendale Adventist Medical Center
· Hello Gorgeous!
· Lake Health/University Hospitals
· Lakeside Hospice
· Making a Way Housing, Inc.
· Mayo Clinic Erickson Care Center
· Methodist Medical Center of Oak Ridge
· Miami Rescue Mission
· Middlesex Hospital Cancer Center
· National Alopecia Areata Foundation
· North Mississippi Medical Center
· One Fund Boston
· The Potter’s House at Atlanta Mission
· Quincy Crisis Center
· Sharp HospiceCare
· Susan G. Komen Massachusetts
· Terre Haute Regional Hospital
· The Wig Bank of Caldwell County
· Union Hospital Hux Cancer Center
· Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center
Over the years, Wigs For Black Women has donated thousands of pieces of clothing to outreach organizations serving at-risk women and their children. Our contributions to organizations such as the Miami Rescue Mission’s Center for Women and Children help cloth women in shelter settings and provide work outfits to indigent women in job-training programs.
We also aim to help cancer survivors regain their self-esteem and to feel beautiful once again. It’s our way of letting them know that our hearts and thoughts are with them, that they are not alone, and that they are truly amazing.
About 1 in 8 women in the United States will develop breast cancer. No doubt, each of us has known a coworker, friend, or family member who has faced such a diagnosis. It is because of this shared experience and connection that we believe it is our responsibility—as a company and as individuals—to raise awareness and to help those in need.
Treatment for breast cancer can be a painful experience, and the hair loss associated with chemotherapy can compound an already stressful, emotional time. Over the past decade, Specialty Commerce Corp has donated more than 68,000 wigs, hairpieces, hats, and turbans to women’s cancer charities and service providers so that women with hair loss due to chemotherapy might reclaim a part of themselves and their everyday, pre-cancer lives.
In addition to our own significant monetary and in-kind contributions to these many worthy organizations, we also donate returned nonrefundable clearance and final sale merchandise on our customers’ behalf. In these cases, each customer receives notification of her donation, as well as a receipt to use for charitable-deduction purposes at tax time. Specialty Commerce Corp does not receive any tax credit, financial gain, or other benefit for such donations.